11/11/2004

Roald Dahl and his "Charlie and the chocolate factory"

I'm glad that Fin told me about her favorite writer "Roald Dahl" and his book "CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY." I, so-called "the searching goddess," failed to find its story on the Internet after checking out some websites. However, I found Roald Dahl's interview by BBC. You can listen to Roald Dahl's remarks on BBC. (I think his picture is kind of ....scary) Furthermore, I found a Hong Kong website which provides good stuff regarding the book. You can listen to the review and chapter 1 and read the book (excerpts).

I realized that I actually had read one of his books, "the witches." I didn't read all of it though. It was a lesson of English reading at college. I don't know the plot of "the witches" completely still since we only read the introduction, the back cover of the book and its table content. The instructor asked us to make up a new story based on the information we had been given. That almost killed me for the lack of my imagination and creation.

討論區(中文):http://140.114.40.22/root2/dis_suy2/list.asp?id=335 (這裡有故事大綱和分析)

English Campus-Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (這裡有故事大綱、書評(英文-聽-)、故事第一章(-聽-)、和內容(節選))。Fin 好像給我推荐這個網站過?

BBC-BBC Four-Audio Interviews-Roald Dahl

1 則留言:

Felicia 提到...

Hello Karen!

Thanks for telling us this! I'll go check it out sometime. :-)