8/16/2005

My Vocabulary -- 1

I've learned a lot of vocabulary from this website, more than one hundred words and expressions. From now on, I am going to post only five of them each time here in this blog to share with you all every now and then. Also, I can have a review of them.

All of the meanings and the example santances are given by the website.


AKA (expression) : also known as
This is my friend Joseph, aka Joey.

an awful lot (expression) : quite a lot
There are an awful lot of tourists in Hawaii in the winter.

baffled(adj) : confused
I'm baffled. Why are you here today? You normally don't come in on Tuesdays.

at fault (expression) : responsible
I am at fault for our fight last night. I decided to have an argument and started being mean.

on the level : as good as
I think Kobe Bryant's basketabll skills are on the level of Michael Jordan.



Some of the vocabulary and expressions are colloquial, so make sure you use the right word or expression in the right situation.

Related article: Englishbaby

沒有留言: